AYHA's Major House League program is for players ages 11 through 16 who have participated in youth hockey for several years or for older beginning players, both boys and girls. The Major House League is a combination of Pee Wee, Bantam and Midget aged players who are evaluated in the beginning of the season and are split equally by skill and numbers into several teams. The teams are assigned a coach and assistant coach and will have a practice to game ratio of 2 practices for every 2 games. Each game is officiated, which also teaches the players the rules of the game such as icing, off sides and penalties. In addition to skating skills, stick handling and puck control, each player is taught the positions of the game and value of team play. The season ends in March with the "Gazzillo Cup" playoffs, named after a former AYHA member Phil Gazzillo.
- Ideal for boys and girls ages 11 to 16 years old and older players beginning to play hockey
- The Major House League program is primarily a combination of Pee Wee, Bantam and Midget level players
- The number of teams per season varies based on the number of registrants at this level.
- All players receive an AYHA Youth Hockey jersey and socks.
- Practices and games will be held at the Glens Falls Recreation Center rink.
- Meets twice a week typically on Mondays thru Fridays evenings for approx. 1 hour and 10 minutes long.
- Practices will be a combination of skating skills, stick handling, puck control and positioning.
- The practices will embrace ½ ice and full ice drills and multiple stations for skill development.